Friday, January 4, 2008

more on avant garde comp...

found ONLINE at:
www.dubaicityguide.com/geninfo/news_dtls.asp?newsid=10498

Burjumans Runway Art Fashion Competition Recognizes Eccentric Designs At Dubais Avant Garde Fashion Showcase

The Crowning Event Of The Two Week Art And Fashion Took Place On The Evening Of Thursday 13 December 2007 In Burjuman.

Advertising Info
The crowning event of the two-week Art and Fashion took place on the evening of Thursday 13 December 2007 in BurJuman. Talented UAE-based fashion designers were chosen from the professional and amateur categories of Runway Art, the fashion competition held as part of Art and Fashion 2007. The competition was an exciting and inspiring event to all emerging and budding talent, offering a platform for designers to publicly display their visual works of fashionable art.

Runway Art, now in its second successful year, is a fashion competition composed of two categories: the professional category for designers with at least 3 years fashion experience, and the amateur category which is open to all emerging talent. In October, BurJuman invited all talented designers to defy convention, think out of the box and enter the fashion contest to showcase their creative craft, bearing in mind the competition theme: Eccentricity. Short-listed entrants were given eight weeks to complete their designs and unveiled their creations to judges the night of the competition.

Two winners were chosen from each of the professional and amateur categories. Angello De Vesus won the popular vote with his creation, Falcon Queen, an embellished depiction of the falcon as a powerful ruling figure, and walked away with the grand cash prize of AED 20,000. The recipient of the runner-up award of AED 10,000 in the same category is Jolly Cabrera with his design, Fashion Revolution, an east-meets-west reflection of modern fashion.

The Amateur category also saw two aspiring designers walk their eccentric creations on the runway. Winner Rollan David Manuel took home AED 15,000 with his creation, Looney, and runner-up Buffi Simone Jashanmal was awarded AED 7,500 for her design, Do Not Overtake in the Right-Hand Lane.

Finalists showcased their creative designs on the catwalk to key figures in the world of fashion and art. Judging the event was prominent designer Walid Atallah, stylist and designer Mandi Kingsbury, Desert Fish magazine creative director Pieter Richweisz and Jumana magazine editor Jill Downie. Each critic brought to the panel their fashion expertise and judged the designs on creativity, uniqueness, craftsmanship, and of course, overall presentation.

In addition to the judges and designers, Kacy’s Beauty Salon provided the hair styling on the models using L’Oreal products, while LancĂ´me generously provided the makeup. All finalists will also have their creations exhibited in BurJuman from 16-21 December on the Glass Bridge for all to enjoy!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

vania said...

Hi Simone, my name is Vania, i live in dubai and i'm an italian fashion designer too. I'd like know something more about the fashion life in Dubai....can you help me?thank you ....

Anonymous said...

hello dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that exact model. The prices for the boots are all over 300 dollars everwhere. But completely I found this location selling them for half price. I absolutely love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hello fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for that singular brand. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were around 330 dollars on every site. But definitively I bring about this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for that singular brand. The prices for the sneakers are approximately 320 pounds on every site. But completely I base this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hello ppl. I'm really into shoes and I had been searching for that meticulous model. The prices for the velcros were approximately 230 dollars on every site. But finally I set this location selling them for half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site anothernewfashionblog.blogspot.com
Is this possible?