Friday, October 5, 2007

London loves....(part one)


well, its more like Buffi loves LONDON! OMG, well folks, thats assuming I have any 'folks'..being a new blog and all, and having been a while since I posted, not sure I have any 'folks'... but anywayz... as I was saying..

So, London is like my top place EVER in the WHOLE world right now! (you'd think with all the love I have I would have got a discount on my 200quid fine for being 9kgs over the baggage limit... but no!) I came back over weight, bags and all, I put it down to how much absorbing of the culture, fashion, soul of london..hey its a whole lotta soul.... and a whole lotta loving..you can't expect to come back short on the cuddly size. I am a 27 yr old woman who is (coming to terms with being) proud of my curves!

I made sure I hit all the awesome markets; Spitalfields, Camden, Portolbello, charity stores; marlebone, finsbury, oxford circus, victory, and ventured into topshop where I was very disappointed, Primark beats TopShop hands down, with cute cheap ass socks and knickers (underwear to you American folks)... only things I wouldnt be buying in second hand stores.

As well as the bargains and gems I picked up on my insane "shopping" trip, I met a few gems. Spitalfields market was the first place I hit, where there happened to be this rather dissapointing free fashion show event going on.. but apart from that, it was really inspiring. I met this awesome chick, Nina Dewey, who makes even more awesome dresses from vintage shirts... they look incrediable on! The one I tried on, and eventually bought fit me like a lovely Lulu Guiness glove. Especially now finally admitting to my self that I am a cool medium, not the tiny small that I once was in my youth (which only happened to have been 6months ago, but hey, some of us age fast), I slipped on one of the one-of-a-kind halter dresses behind the back of a mirror, in the stall where she sells. The gaps behind me were enough to give someone a right eye full! Poor them! Anyway, point is, fit like a ..gem (note self:using that word too much today)! Like the designer, the dresses are feminine, individual and edgy, the perfect London find to take back to Dubai. But unlike other stalls, Nina is as strick on quality as she is with her patterns and fit.

Here is a pix of the chick herself. You can find more of her work at;www.enienay.com
....and maybe, if ya lucky, I will post a pic of me modelling one of these awesomely stunning garments!..
til part 2. peace outy
buffi
xox

No comments: