Friday, October 5, 2007

London loves....(part two)






So just to vent real fast before I get onto the subject of london...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! my room mate decided (ok, I'm sure she didn't do it on purpose, BUT, she screwed up my computer, well, not the hole thing but the w key, its not attached to the key board..as you might have already guessed (if you're smart enough, no, its not me making more eirdo typos).. hich is really messing ith me right no, so ithout furhter complaints..I ill do my best to continue ithout....

If you know me, you'll know that I have problems with staying focused..this blog is most likely to go back and forth in time and subject.. if you feel confused...welcome to my orld.

Portobello did more then make my mouth water at this sight of vintage tea cups, old suit cases, bird cages and rows and rows of cheap socks and t shirts, but i discovered one damn fine awesome hair salon too! Feeling a little bit too goth, with my long black and very dry dyed hair, I made it some what of a mission to find a suitable salon hich screamed to me! Screamed what, I'm not entirely sure, the louder...the better...

And there it was..in all its phsycedelic glory, Children Of Vision. Just before leaving for New York, about 5 yrs back, I had walked past it, and thought.. one day, I'll get my hair done in there...

I really wanted to get pix of inside the salon, but they were being kindda funny about it.. which is fine as I got a postcard...oh damn.. I had one, which I planned to scan in, but I put gum in it by mistake...BUT, i found this pix of it outside...so at least ya'll be able to find it!

So I rocked up, well, stumble in super hungover but buzzing from an awesome all-night party for 2 after one of the best weddings ever (its great being sat next to a cute boy, and then waking up next to him too!). I give a slurred description to Ian (my fav hair dresser in the whole world!) of the a-symmetric neon pink drama I had when I first moved to New York, one side shaved under cut, and two random pink rat tails with a blunt fringe was more then enough to frigthen my boyfriend-at-the-time on a flight right back to England. I wanted something similar, but not as full on! This time instead of going for pink (so o-v-a-h kill) Ian matched the color to the turquiose blue and bright blue I had painted round my eyes... (Yes, my plan worked).

An amazing-for-London 35quid for the cut, 35quid for the extensions and I call that a complete make over, London Bargain Barnet!

This salon will definitely go beyond the boundaries for you, with an extensive choice of mad colored hair extensions, and a dog that greets you at the dog, you won't find anything like it anywhere else. The space is wicked, has funky laid-back decor, awesome prices...and friendly stylists who will listen to your boring "i-pulled-last-night" stories.... or am I the only one at 27 who does that?!

Pls see pix, for before and after looks (I was hung over ok!) and check it out for yourself (and ask for Ian! mention I told you so, maybe I'll get some free extensions next time!):

195 Portobello Road
London
W11 2ED
tel: 020 7792 2494

xox
Lovely Jubbly

-Buffi

1 comment:

parisiannewyorker said...

Hey Buffi
Bummer about the keyboard, but your hair looks great!
Lots of hugs,
DeDe